Treoir’s Key Values:
We provide a free, confidential, specialist information service for parents not married to each other, living together or apart, their extended families, and those working with them. Information is available on Legal, Social Welfare, and Parenting issues.
- We help parents who are not married to each other better understand complex family law issues, specifically access and custody, maintenance and guardianship, we also promote shared parenting and provide parenting tips to help parents develop good parenting relationships.
- We believe children born to unmarried parents should have the same rights as those born to married parents.
- We believe that children have a right to be loved and cared for by both parents, where possible.
- We advocate for changes in the constitution to ensure that that all parents have the same rights regardless of their marital status or gender.
- We develop policies to influence and advance the reform of the Family Law system.
- We campaign for a systematic review of how public services and social welfare is delivered to reflect the changing family structures of the 21st century.
Latest News & Events
Parents Sharing Custody Should Finalize Christmas Access As Soon as Possible
IMMEDIATE RELEASE Tuesday 13th of December 2022 “In the best interests of your children, parents sharing access and custody should make sure their Christmas arrangements are agreed upon in advance.” Damien Peelo, CEO of Treoir stated. With Christmas Day falling on a weekend this year, it’s especially important parents sharing...Read More