Treoir’s Key Values:
We provide a free, confidential, specialist information service for parents not married to each other, living together or apart, their extended families, and those working with them. Information is available on Legal, Social Welfare, and Parenting issues.
- We help parents who are not married to each other better understand complex family law issues, specifically access and custody, maintenance and guardianship, we also promote shared parenting and provide parenting tips to help parents develop good parenting relationships.
- We believe children born to unmarried parents should have the same rights as those born to married parents.
- We believe that children have a right to be loved and cared for by both parents, where possible.
- We advocate for changes in the constitution to ensure that that all parents have the same rights regardless of their marital status or gender.
- We develop policies to influence and advance the reform of the Family Law system.
- We campaign for a systematic review of how public services and social welfare is delivered to reflect the changing family structures of the 21st century.
Latest News & Events
What Matters Most to Children is the Quality of Their Family Relationships
Wednesday 24th of May 2023 “Professor Golombok’s research proves that children’s well-being is much more dependent on the quality of the relationships they have in their families than the specific family type they are raised in.” Damien Peelo, CEO of Treoir announced today. Treoir welcomes Dr. Susan Golombok, Professor Emerita...Read More