Our new Female Same-Sex Couples and Donor Assisted Reproduction Booklet is here!
Thanks so much to LGBT Ireland and the Department of Children, Equality, Diversity, Integration, and Youth for their support on this!
Treoir’s Key Values:
We provide a free, confidential, specialist information service for parents not married to each other, living together or apart, their extended families, and those working with them. Information is available on Legal, Social Welfare, and Parenting issues.
- We help parents who are not married to each other better understand complex family law issues, specifically access and custody, maintenance and guardianship, we also promote shared parenting and provide parenting tips to help parents develop good parenting relationships.
- We believe children born to unmarried parents should have the same rights as those born to married parents.
- We believe that children have a right to be loved and cared for by both parents, where possible.
- We advocate for changes in the constitution to ensure that that all parents have the same rights regardless of their marital status or gender.
- We develop policies to influence and advance the reform of the Family Law system.
- We campaign for a systematic review of how public services and social welfare is delivered to reflect the changing family structures of the 21st century.
Latest News & Events
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday 16 November 2022 Treoir welcomes the publication today of the Department of Justice’s report from the Child Maintenance Review Group chaired by Justice Catherine Murphy. The report outlines the extensive work done by Justice Murphy and the review group. “This important publication will require careful consideration...Read More