Treoir’s Key Values:
We provide a free, confidential, specialist information service for parents not married to each other, living together or apart, their extended families, and those working with them. Information is available on Legal, Social Welfare, and Parenting issues.
- We help parents who are not married to each other better understand complex family law issues, specifically access and custody, maintenance and guardianship, we also promote shared parenting and provide parenting tips to help parents develop good parenting relationships.
- We believe children born to unmarried parents should have the same rights as those born to married parents.
- We believe that children have a right to be loved and cared for by both parents, where possible.
- We advocate for changes in the constitution to ensure that that all parents have the same rights regardless of their marital status or gender.
- We develop policies to influence and advance the reform of the Family Law system.
- We campaign for a systematic review of how public services and social welfare is delivered to reflect the changing family structures of the 21st century.
Latest News & Events
Date: Wednesday, 28 February 2024 Time: 11.00am – 12.30pm Location: Men’s Development Network, Equality House, 49-50 O’Connell St, Waterford, X91 E866. A media briefing in support of the #YesYes referendum campaign will be hosted by Men’s Development Network (MDN) and Treoir, the National Information Service for Non-Marital Families, in Waterford this Wednesday,...Read More